Why work for Legalverse?
We are small. You will be working close to the end users, delivering products and seeing the impact of your efforts. Your contributions will roll out into production, we will receive feedback from our customers, and the company's revenue change as a direct result of your contributions.
You'll be working in multiple languages and technologies and will be a core custodian of the code. We strive to leave our code better than we found it.
We are looking for people to grow with the company over the long haul
We are going to be spending some time together via remote pairing or in-person at our headquarters in Anchorage, Alaska. We are looking for fit first and then technical competency. Do we make a good team? Do we have fun working together? Do technical debates lead to better solutions we wouldn't have come up with in a vacuum? Do you feel ownership of the code you create? Can we disagree and commit to a direction?
- You have built many projects in your free time in frameworks such as Ruby on Rails or You Django as well as from scratch. Maybe you wrote a terrible PHP CMS when you got started? Me too. I'd love to hear about it.
- You get a sense of satisfaction seeing your work used by customers.
- You have a language you are most proficient in, but are a polyglot and like seeing what other languages and technologies have to offer.
- You probably have a degree in computer science or electrical engineering with an emphasis on security(this is sensitive client data).
Remote or in-person:
Approx 30 hours per week. Expected to be available GMT-9 between the hours of 9am-11pm.
- Self motivated and detail-oriented
- Previous developer experience through coursework or internship
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a team environment
- Foundational knowledge of databases, networking, systems, services, and operating systems
10/12 on the Joel Test
This is dependent on education and previous work experience. The company has modest revenue and you will be the first paid employee of Legalverse (Jeff does not draw a salary). As we grow, so will your salary along with profit sharing and the potential for equity if that makes sense for you and the company. Anticipate a trial period with a long term salary position and if it is a good fit, we’ll make you full time.
No resume needed, but you can include if you like.
- An introduction about yourself that tells me about something you're proud of accomplishing and why
- A link to a PR, commit, or completed piece of code in github/gist/etc
- Include word "Mountain" in the subject to email@example.com